Monday, January 30, 2012

Allergy Updates

So it's been a few weeks since I cut out the garlic and yeast (which is hhhhaaaarrrrd, waaaaahh!).  But I have been feeling really good.  I am a lot happier, since I'm not in a constant state of discomfort. I had no idea how uncomfortable I was, until I wasn't.  It was kind of like when you have been wearing a really uncomfortable pair of shoes, and your feet hurt, but you don't want people to know, so you try to grin through it.  I finally got the shoes off!
Anyway, to make things easier on myself I have allowed some dairy and soy back into my diet - slowly.  It turns out that it doesn't seem to bother me when taken in moderation. (yay!) However, Nick's nursing, sleeping, and fussing habits have taken a turn back to being like he was as a baby - and not just because he's been sick.  (He had started essentially sleeping through the night!!!) He also has the tell tale rash on his bum.  Poor kid! So it looks like I am back out with the dairy until he weans.  I'm going to test the role of gluten vs yeast for us soon.  My inclination is that I will keep that out of our diets as much as possible too.  We'll see.  As for the soy, I am not as careful about it as I was, so long as the form isn't highly processed.
Let's see how much more our lives can be improved!! I can't believe that Nick is growing up so fast before my eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment