Thursday, January 12, 2012

Allergy Test Results

So I got the test results, and they actually weren't that bad.  The biggest offenders were garlic (practically off the charts!), both brewers and baker's yeast, and red beans.  There were twenty something other low level reactions that came up, including gluten, wheat, and whey.  Almost all beans, banana, kiwi, egg whites, and a handful of other things showed up as well.  I can handle this!
The yeast will be hard, but I think once I figure out what my tolerance is, I will be okay.  I will SORELY miss bread though.  Depending on how this goes, I'll decide once and for all if I want to do the GAPS diet.  I know that I should do it, it's a matter of gathering up the courage and actually making it happen. 
In the mean time I'm still going to stay away from dairy as much as possible, since I do feel much better without it, and I will try my hardest to keep my diet rotating enough to avoid establishing new sensitivities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment