Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Experiment - Eggplant

This recipe came out really well...if you are in the mood for eggplant.  It just so happens that tonight I wasn't.  I bought the eggplant on a whim without a clear idea of what I wanted to do with it.  Sometime during the week I lost my itching for eggplant.  So here it is the end of the week and I need to use up my stuff from the week.  I really wanted the spaghetti sauce I made earlier, but the flavors just didn't meld well.  So I ended up with this.

 Eggplant Zucchini Tomato Pasta with Dijon Vinaigrette

First I cut up my eggplant and zucchini and put them in a roasting pan.  Then I tossed them with olive oil, oregano, and thyme.  Roast for about 25 minutes.

After they were roasted, I added a little balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard.  It was at this point that I realized my spaghetti sauce just wasn't going to mesh with this! And what I had wasn't going to work on it's own.  I found some grape tomatoes in my fridge and cut them in half and stewed them in olive oil, basil, and a touch of sugar and added those to the mix along with some sprouted quinoa for protein.  I added some tagiatelle, and boom. dinner.  What really would have made this awesome would be olives and feta.  Happy Friday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment