Friday, January 6, 2012

Broccoli Soup

I had a bunch of broccoli to use up one day, so I decided on a broccoli soup.  I like soup, especially in the fall and winter.  My next few recipes are probably going to stay in the soup realm :)
  Ingredients:  Chicken stock, broccoli, wild rice
Again, you could use a variety of veggies here - it's all about having a good base.  You could also use almost any grain or potato - anything that would help thicken up the soup if you added too much stock compared to broccoli like I did!

Cook the broccoli in the stock until tender.  Puree.  If it's too thin, cook up some rice in the broth so that it absorbs some of the fluid and the flavor.  Add some cheese and cracked pepper to the top for a garnish.  I used Daiya cheese replacements until my new allergies came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment