Saturday, February 4, 2012

This Week's Bounty!!

So I decided that I would try out South Shore Organics food delivery program.  They take local (or off season not so local, but still small) organic and sustainably grown fruits and veggies from small farms and deliver them to my door.  Score! If I can balance it right, this should actually save me money.  On it's own, this costs about the same as it would for me to buy from Whole Foods, less the gas and actually having to drag Nick to the store.  If I do this right, I may be able to avoid my weekly shopping trips, thereby saving me money! AND I am supporting my local farmers and eating whole organic foods that are in season! Plus it's kind of fun to try different foods, and to be changing up the menu on a regular basis.
So this week, we have a nice array of fruits like apples, pears, oranges, blue berries, and bananas.  For veggies we got some onions, carrots, potatoes, bok choy, beets, broccoli, and butternut squash.

So this should be fun! Be on the lookout for recipes with these ingredients! I should note that this "bounty" size is their "single" weekly serving - so there are larger versions that will include more stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment