Friday, February 3, 2012

Easy Salmon Dinner

This is just one of our "basic" dinners; a protein, a carb, and a veggie.  Somehow it just hits that "yum" place, and when you are done eating you feel content.  I like that. 

You will need:
2 servings of Salmon (I have buying the frozen fish from Whole Foods...not the best choice ever, but oh well!)
1 cup of rice (in this case, just plain white rice)
5 oz Spinach
1/4 red onion
1/2 tablespoon - ish of Dill
1 lemon

Preheat oven to about 350.  (Disclaimer, my oven is totally whack, and I need to set the oven at LEAST 100 degrees higher than I need it for it to come close to the temp that I think I need.  Who knows if that's where it gets to or stays! So my cooking times can very well be different than yours!)
Put salmon in a greased baking pan, and sprinkle dill over fish.  Cut the lemon in a couple of pretty pieces, and then squeeze the juice from the end pieces over the fish.  Put the pretty slices on the fish. 
Put about 2 cups of water for one cup of rice; bring rice and water to a boil (put a bay leaf in for some flavor) then turn down to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.  Or follow package directions.
When oven is heated, put salmon in and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Saute red onion on olive oil until tender, then add spinach to pan and stir around until the spinach wilts.  (About 5 minutes). 

Plate and Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment