Monday, February 20, 2012

Back to Basics

So, as I have been doing the "dairy trial" and investigating where a limit may be in how much I can consume before Nick or I get sick, I have been letting more and more "stuff" sneak into my diet.  On one hand it's been glorious! I keep thinking that I really don't feel so bad...maybe I kept things out of my system long enough that I have been healed! And that, since I am healthier now, I can handle more crap before I feel yucky! Maybe "date night" shall survive!
Although, I do like to have a much bigger cup of coffee in the morning.  And I get a nice afternoon dip in energy.  And I keep getting these cravings for junk food.  And I've been kinda cranky......Doh! These are all things that went away when I was eating strict! I also realized that I have been consistently congested.  As for Nick, he has been fairly clingy, his sleep is disrupted again, and his eczema rash has returned.  His poop isn't as bad as it used to be, but it has been taking a turn back that way.  Soooo, it looks like I am back to cutting out dairy for sure.  I have also let a bit of gluten back into my diet on occasion, and while I think it was definitely the yeast that was giving us bigger problems before, I do feel better when I am gluten free. 
I do wonder if I have just been careless with the places we have been eating out, or if this is truly a dairy issue.  Or maybe it's a preservative issue.  The symptoms are relatively subtle.  But then I think about how happy and energetic I was when I had cut all of that out.  That's a much better way to feel. Especially after the cranky days I have had recently.
So, it's back to basics! It's a little bittersweet, since it's going to be really hard to figure out where to go on "date night".  But I am actually excited to go back to feeling so happy all the time.  I was getting so much done! The other thing that is keeping me going is that I have figured out that making cookies from scratch is actually really easy.  Like super easy.  Like, why on EARTH was I spending so much money on cookies!? And brownies too.  Once I get my stove figured out a little better, I will post a recipe. (The thermostat in our stove doesn't work right). So far I keep burning the cookies so I can't figure out if I've balanced the seasonings right.  I wouldn't want you to make yucky cookies.  So I just need to keep making them...and eating them.....and making them......and eating them.....life is so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment