Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I'm Still Alive!

No, I didn't give up blogging, although I know it seems that way.  I have about 3 or 4 posts started that I haven't quite rounded out (researchy stuff) and a few recipes that I have just been waiting for the time to get down.

Hopefully soon to follow is a braising recipe (perfect cold winter weekend project), and meals to make from left overs.  But for now, I just wanted to say Hi! And remind everyone that fresh food is paramount! And absolutely delicious.  This just reiterates how long it's been since I have posted, but here are the last set of pictures I loaded - an end of summer garden delight! Ha!

Fresh tomatoes and onion drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Fresh cucumbers in oil and vinegar with dill, salt and pepper, and fresh steamed muscles in butter and white wine.  OMG! So Good!

To cook the muscles, melt a couple tablespoons of butter in a deep pan, then put in a bit of garlic.  After about two minutes, add a cup or so of white wine (water will work fine too).  After the muscles have been cleaned (and make sure they are all healthy looking and closed tight), add them to the pan and let them simmer for about 10 minutes, or until all of the shells have opened. 



 Drain the water and serve! This worked out really well with the tomato and cucumber salads, and it was just enough food for a nice lunch on a hot summer day :)





Hopefully, you will see me soon!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment